![]() |
| Nicolas Caplat, 21, France |
Before becoming a TRATWA volunteer, Nico was a student in sports management. Even though he chose this EVS project which is not so much focused on sports, but more on organizing and human relations, it's not completely new to him because of his experience in organizing events at his University and his role as a sports organizer for teenagers.
The beginning was difficult for Nico in regards to language- not the Polish one, as you might suspect, but English. He was often asking the other French speakers, Claire and Carrie, to explain and translate. He has made great progress in the past 2 months, though, now being a lot more comfortable with English, as well as public speaking. He's also more secure with his ability to organize something by himself thanks to TRATWA. "This organization offers you the option to say no .. you have the option to be fast and get out of your comfort zone or go step by step."
One of the reasons why Nico chose this project was because of the country it's in as his mother is Polish so he knew a bit about the culture and the language beforehand. He decided on EVS because he wasn't passionate about the master programs at his university so he wanted some time to think about what he wants to do. "After EVS, I don't know what I'll want to do, but I'm sure what I don't want to do- continue in sports management. ... If I have an opportunity, maybe I can stay here in Wrocław because I feel good here."
